Thursday, October 16, 2008

Nationalism and the Creation of Italy


Nationalism is basicly the pride and loyalty someone has towards his or her country. It is also rooting for or belonging to a certain country. Nationalism could be define by the rights someone has in his/her country, or someones culture, living within define borders, common languages and religion and also the country's history. I am nationalistic because as an American I root for the U.S when its is against other countries or even in competitive sports. In addition, I also celebrate common holidays such as the 4th of July, Christmas and even Thanksgiving. Furthermore, I am also Dominican, therefore I celebrate the Dominican Independence on February 27 and I also go to the Dominican parade.
Nationalism was a very big thing in many countries such as Italy however its states were separated. The people of Italy were becoming very tired of being ruled by other people outside of Italy. Famous people such as Giuseppe Mazzini believed that Italy should be united and freed from the Kings and nobles. This led Mazzini to create a group to help unite Italy.

No comments: